It’s surprising how creative you can be with a scanner
It is so lovely when someone buys you flowers, to say sorry, or to say I am thinking of you, I love you …..but isn’t it sad when they fade and you have to throw those memories away? So why not try to preserve them a little and make a photo memento?
- Choose one of your favourite flowers from the bouquet/bunch (or maybe one out of the garden!)
- Trim it down to a reasonable size to fit onto your scanner
- Place the flower on the scanner bed – remember it is going to lie flat so arrange the petals a little so that they don’t look too squashed
- Follow your scanners instructions and scan the flower to your computer and save it as an image
- Now you need to do a little magic on it!
I use an online photo editor called iPiccy and I love it! It is so easy to use, has never let me down and it’s free!
Upload your photo to iPiccy and add a few special effects – these are the ones I used for this photo:
- The Layers tool to add the text
- Then the Textures tool to add the paper effect
- And finally the Frames tool to round the corners
There are many more things you can do with this photo editor – explore and play!